Friday, March 5, 2010

Princess. A poem...ish.

Hello there. I am a princess. But not your ‘average’ princess. No, not at all. I cannot roam free where I please, Whether in my castle or in my life. I am locked away from the world. The walls crush in on me in my tower, surrounding me with unbreakable bonds known to the King as ‘rules’. I am restricted from leaving the castle at all costs. I cannot take strolls in the garden Nor can I visit my acquaintances But worst of all, I cannot choose my prince. He will also have a set of restrictions. He must be of the same heritage. He must be wealthy. He must be brilliant. He must be tall and handsome. He must be perfect. He must be quite hard to find. For I seldom see princes of this liking. The King, my father, only sees me as his youngest daughter, the one to be the embodiment of what my older sister’s were not. It is hard to be a princess with this pressure. So I sit here and watch from my binding tower as the other princesses come and go as they please, gracing the trails of the gardens, speaking with their friends and latching to their princes, ‘perfect’ in only their eyes. While I wait until I can possibly be given this freedom as well. ~A, my father is horrible.

2 comments:

Fallenwishes;BrokenPromises said...

As me told you on msn, CROATIAN DADDY :o

Isis Clara L. said...

I liked the poem, it spoke with a truth and clarity that made it easy to relate to.
I'm sorry to hear about all of this, though. :( *hugs*
xx